Sunday, November 20, 2011

Special Assignment

According to Dr. Strange I missed the metaphor from the article Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home. Even though I clearly knew that Tom Johnson was not really talking about a pencils, I still used the word "pencil" in my comment. EDM310 is a class about learning the different kind of technology and how it could be used in the classroom to enhance the teaching process. A metaphor is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable. In this case the pencil is a metaphor for a computer. The only reason I refereed to a pencil is because that was the term Mr. Tom Johnson used in the article. For example if a friend and I were talking about apples then why would I want to change it to oranges?
metaphor

Next, metaphors are meant to disguise a hidden meaning or to be creative or funny. However, they are not meant to be taken seriously. Daniel Pink says that "you discover metaphors your world will become richer and more vivid and that you will be inspired to create your own metaphor in writing, thought, or other parts of your life" To help aware us from missing metaphors again, Dr. Strange gave us a special assignment.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Good description of metaphors. No grammatical errors and overall it is a quality blog post. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete